Wednesday, October 17, 2007

The Best Memoirists Pageant Ever

AKA Memoir Noir

I'll be reading from my memoir-in-progress, titled MOONCHILD. I've also read some of the work of my fellow memoirists who'll be reading and can assure with satisfaction-guaranteed certainty, that it'll be well worth it!

Save the date! See you there!

BEST MEMOIRISTS PAGEANT EVER
Saturday, November 24, 2007
3:00 PM
Bowery Poetry Club
308 Bowery
New York City
www.bowerypoetry.com

Featuring
Neil Cotter
Chrys Buckley
Heather Maidat
Kim Brittingham
...and more!

$5 at the door
Cash bar, plus cafe w/ fresh homemade soup, salads, sandwiches, coffee & soft drinks



Currently listening:
"Prison Sex" - Tool
(One of my all-time favorite songs ever, it really electrified my conviction that Tool is one of the best bands ever, with very layered meanings to their lyrics. I'm not really describing it right, but just listen to Maynard sing, "You look so precious now," and the juxtaposition of the sort of sweetness to it and the darness, the brooding aggression. And listen to the lyrics, this is a band of depth. A chapter in my book is very appropriately named after a lyric in this song).

No comments: