Saturday, February 16, 2008

Adding Imagery

Okay, so here are some pictures to go along with my last post about living at camp and how magical it was. I thought the visual imagery might help create the full picture.







Here is the road going into camp.








This was my view from the Dispensary.








This is the mythical Dispensary. I wish I had pictures of the inside.






This gives a more full view of the shoreline at Camp. Just look how freakin' lush it is.



Here, my friend Leo and I are walking in the woods where I used to walk all the time when I lived there.


All these pictures are taken by Diane Richter, rock photographer extraordinaire.


Currently Listening:
"Mary" - Tori Amos - Very appropriate in a way, because the winter before the one I wrote about, which I also spent living in the Dispensary, this song was very significant to me. I can't remember if I heard this song just before or just after reading The Da Vinci Code. I got real excited when I heard the line "Even the wind cries your name," and realized it was a Jimi Hendrix reference. Then I read the liner notes of the album this is from (Tales of a Librarian), where Tori has every song categorized, like in the Dewey Decimal system, and this one was filed under "Abuse of the Earth" and "Mary Magdalene." It was like everything coming together and connecting in a way that made total sense to me. Leo and I even formed a "Mary Club of the Sacred Feminine," lol. Now I am really tripping down memory lane.

Some lyrics from "Mary,"
"We got her armed as we buy and sell
Her rivers of milk running dry
Can't you hear the dolphin's cry?"

2 comments:

KaliDurga said...

Gorgeous. No wonder you've stayed there so long!

Linda said...

Beautiful country, Orcas. Soon, your trees will be replaced by skyscrapers.... a different beauty. I spent the weekend with another family and the husband, a colleague and good friend, is green-blind; to him, all greens emerge as a sort of brown. And seeing the trees here makes me feel such a loss for him. He can see the pine needles, the details, and you can see the gorgeous smears of cerise and olive and emerald. I wish the two of you could join forces...

On your prior post... sigh... when it's ready, it will come. Sometimes I think everything has to percolate in your head and heart before daring to reveal itself through pen or pixil. I bet when you come back from Hawaii you'll be ready. Travel safe, Peace...