Monday, February 18, 2008

On the Today Show

So, remember that reading I did in NYC in November? The woman who organized and put that together, Kim Brittingham, has done another reading at the same place, The Bowery Poetry Club, and she is being interviewed on The Today Show about an essay she wrote (and I believe, the essay she read at the subsequent show). It's going to be on Weds morning, from 10-11am. Sadly, I will miss it, because I'll be in the car with my friend Tallie, on our way to the SeaTac airport for our flight to Hawaii. I'm really bummed to miss it, because this woman is really awesome. It was really great to meet her in November.

For those here who were at the reading, this is the woman who read about regularly playing hooky and taking clandestine trips to NYC. I think she's just such an excellent writer, and person. She's also extremely innovative, always coming up with ideas to help writers. She is the brainstorming queen.

So, if you can, watch it!

Kim's MySpace

And here are some links to some of her blogs that rock:
A Writer's Life
The essay and the Fallout
Whatcha Thinkin, Houdini?
Party Pooper
A Writer's Life Continues

And the chapter Kim read at the Best Memoirists Pageant Ever
Hooky


Currently Listening:
"On the Steps of the Cathedral" - Mark Lanegan

No comments: