Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Numerology

In numerology, I look at a person's birthday, their birth name, and any changed names they might have. The numbers in these indicate again, tendencies in a person, what's emphasized in their lives, what they're working on and what would help with their personal growth. Sometimes a person can look at how different possible changed names would draw out some elements and downplay others. I have a client who felt so overburdenened and overworked, and not surprisingly, all her numbers were about work and responsibility. She was considering whether to go by her full name, her first and last, or her middle and last, for her art career. After studying the numbers in each, I found that one of the possibilities had a lot more emphasis on creativity, art and fun. There is also a personal year, indicating what the theme of that person's year will be. They go in a cycle of nine different personal years. Then there's a pinnacle, which says what the overall focus of that nine-year cycle is.

One cool thing I like to do with numerology readings (which, I have to say, I really just love, because I love numbers), is that with the birthday numbers, there are corresponding tarot cards that indicate a person's soul purpose, life purpose, and shadow/teacher element. I especially love that last one, and have found it to be tremendously insightful. I love combining the cards with the numbers, because it gives a visual, and a depth to the numerology reading.

No comments: